Apply an Agile-Mindset to your Business
Understanding the mindset behind Agile will provide you an in-demand skill virtually all organizations are seeking. In this class you will learn principles, values, and practices to become more productive the next day – no matter what industry you are in. To reinforce what you will be taught, we have workshops and demonstrations that you can easily introduce to others in your team(s).
Beyond theory, we will also provide real-world practices and techniques to make you, your teams, and your organization more effective. You will learn all you need to attain business Agility across your entire organization to keep pace with such an unpredictable and fast moving world.
We offer this training as either a 1, 2, or 3-day event with subsequent days exploring more in-depth topics to become a true change agent within your organization. Students who actively participate in the 3-day course and pass the exam will be awarded the first of three possible Business Agility Certifications.
Better Certifications for Less
Our Business Agility certification course covers everything an organization needs to take an idea to market and support it. The vast number of workshops provides real-world examples of approaches, practices, and techniques to re-enforce theory and demonstrate how values and principles are the key to cultural change. While other certifications require students to memorize terms and definitions to pass a test, ours requires something far more important; demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of people to actually build something.
Financially, our courses typically cost less per day then those who may consider themselves a competitor. Individuals who wish to maintain their certifications will also notice that ours are far less expensive than the so-called competitors too
“Shu-Ha-Ri” Certification Process
Clearly Agile leverages an old Japanese martial art concept known as Shu Ha Ri to ensure progression of being a disciplined student (Shu), to experimenting as a practitioner (Ha), to finally being the teacher (Ri). Our evaluation processes for high-level certification is manual to ensure candidates are truly demonstrating success within their organizations.
Who Will Benefit
This course is beneficial to anyone or any organization who recognizes the need to do more with less. This offering is ideally suited for those in roles like::
- C-Level, Executives, VPs, and Directors
- Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Business / Systems Analysts
Below are the Learning Objectives (LO) for each day. While it may appear the latter two days have less LO’s, the workshops are designed to reinforce them so they are not forgotten after the class concludes. It has been our observation over the years, that without reinforcement with workshops / practical experience the theory is quickly forgotten and teams revert back to their old ways.
- Describe the history and movement towards Agile
- Understand the Agile culture and mindset
- Unleash the power of individuals and interactions
- Understand the requirement to focus on outcomes not the work
- Understand how to change customers observers to participants
- Recognize the requirement to continually plan over following a plan
- Understand how to manage large complex “requirements”
- Understand and apply Agile / Lean portfolio management
- Understand and apply product discovery concepts, practices, and tools
- Develop product roadmaps
- Understand and apply Agile planning practices and techniques
- Understand and apply Agile estimation concepts and methods
- Understand and apply continual prioritization and sequencing
- Understand and apply Lightweight Agile Risk Management
- Understand and apply a Lightweight Agile Government Framework
- Understand popular methods, frameworks, and practices
- Understand and apply Scrum
- Understand and apply Lean
- Understand and apply Kanban
- Understand and apply Agile across business areas
- Build a personalized transformation roadmap
Below are the primary topics of discussion. The first day establishes intent and concepts for any organization wishing to become Agile. Individuals who attend the 2nd day will combine what they learned and experienced on the first day with workshops to start taking a product from ideation to planning while considering potential aspects of a company (sales, finance, support, human resources, legal, etc.). Attendees of the 3-day course will be rewarded with additional theory and many more workshops to further demonstrate how the benefits of Agile can be realized in any business situation.
- Apply Agile to bring more efficiency across the enterprise
- Apply Lean to streamline processes and reduce waste
- Develop in-demand skills organizations are looking for
- Utilize practices and techniques for immediate improvement
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Support a cultural transformation
- Agile Principles & Values
- Lean Principles & Value
- The Scrum Framework
- The Kanban Framework
- Agile Requirement Management
- Agile Planning & Roadmapping
- Stakeholder Management
- Lightweight Agile Risk Management
- Lightweight Agile Government Framework
- Popular methods, frameworks, and practices
- Applying Scrum
- Applying Lean
- Applying Kanban
- Applying Agile / Lean across business areas
- Build a personalized transformation roadmap
What You Get
- A workbook of the entire presentation
- Preparation to bring true agility to your organization
- Practical knowledge about the latest mindsets to reinvent yourself and your organization
- Practical knowledge of the latest Agile frameworks, practices, and techniques
- PDUs and SEUs (7 per day of active participation)
- Free 1-year membership into our lifelong learning community
- Discounts on future training
- Eligibility to attain free training
- Knowledge from an actual Agile / Lean practitioner
This class assumes little to no experience with Agile so anyone is welcome to attend. While this is a great class for technologists too, we advise attending the Engineering Agility course instead as there are more relevant topics and discussions for them. For those without this experience, we highly recommend the following resources before the first day of the course:
Government and Non-Profit Organizations
To inquire about government or non-profit discounts and courses please contact us. We will discuss your needs and tailor a class that best suits your budget and desired outcome.
Want To Host?
We can accommodate organizations that wish to host the training events. Generally, we require at least twenty (20) students for organization hosted courses but if you are close to the Washington D.C. area we are flexible. Please click here to learn more about the requirements to host a training event.