Leading SAFe 4.5 with SA Certification
Becoming a SAFe SA provides you an in-demand skill for organizations providing large complex systems. During this 2-day course, you’ll learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe), how to execute and release value, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale.
You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it is critical to staying relevant in today’s marketplace. You will also be empowered with realistic advice from a true SAFe practitioner versus someone only certified to give this course.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 4 Agilist
Who Will Benefit
This course is beneficial to anyone who will be working in the Scaled Agile Framework. This offering is ideally suited for those in roles like:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean / Agile development across the enterprise
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation across the enterprise
- The Scaled Agile Framework
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large / Complex Solutions
What You Get
- A workbook of the entire presentation
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 4 Agilist exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- PDUs / SEUs (14 for actively participating on both days)
- Knowledge from an actual SAFe practitioner
Anyone is welcomed to attend regardless of experience but those with at least 5 years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management are usually able to understand the framework more quickly. For those without this experience, we highly recommend the following resources:
Your Instructor: Jonathan Jenkins
As the Founder and CEO of Clearly Agile, Jonathan also works as an executive coach and trainer. As well, Jonathan serves as the Enterprise Architect for the company’s software products like the Lifecycle Sleuth.
Jonathan has a Masters in Information Technology and a Bachelors in Computer Studies from the University of Maryland. As far as certifications, Jonathan is a Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SPC 4.5), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and is working towards attaining the Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC).
In addition, Jonathan has honorably served with the U.S. Marines obtaining the title of Gunnery Sergeant and is an Iraq War Veteran.
Jonathan has 20+ years as a software engineer who has dedicated his ambitions, and experiences to Clearly Agile. He thrives on providing advanced web-based tools to sustain realistic frameworks for his clients. His methods consist of innovative software approaches that are effective, authentic, and low investment